Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Story So Far

I was born in August with five litter mates, 1 boy and 4 girls. Ours was a large pack and every waking minute was playtime. However, we were raised with a sense of purpose and each of us were eager to leave our mark on the world. The first puppy to leave the den was my sister Goer, the most outgoing of our litter.  She joined a pack in St. Louis. I was the second to make my way in the world.

On Sunday, I woke early and had a bath. I was still toweling off when two new dogs arrived. I was immediately drawn to the alpha female. She and I played for a long time and I was adopted into their pack. I had my first long ride in a car, which was exciting at first but then I fell asleep. 


On Monday, I woke up in my new home, which I think I really enjoyed because I spent most of the day falling asleep so I could do it again. I also met my new veterinarian, who gave me a physical and checked my weight (8.2 pounds - Do my ears look big to you? I may have think about going on a diet.) He thought the long car ride might have worn me out. I was too tired to argue.

Tuesday dawned bright and clear. I found my inner corgi and was ready for adventure. I explored the kitchen and played with Super Cow. I’m a herding dog, so I have a thing for cows and sheep, but Super Cow is special. See how she appears to be flying? If I lay on her back and rest my head on hers, I’m soaring in no time. 

1 comment:

Cathy Santarsiero, "The Christmas Corgi" said...

The cutest photo of you! I'm posting a link to your new blog on my blog's sidebar for you :) Have a happy weekend! Warmly, Cathy