Thursday, November 12, 2009

No Faux, Mine is a Fun Fur

Tomorrow, I will be 14 weeks old. That’s like ... 14 weeks in dog years!  Because I am approaching the big ONE-FOUR, I’m starting to feel a little sad and nostalgic. Where has all the time gone? It seems like only yesterday that I was celebrating my tenth. That makes Billy Collins’ poem “On Turning Ten” even more poignant.


I had a happy childhood. I was born at Kallista, the famous kennel run by Millie Williams. She is the author of The Watching series. Several of my kin have had starring roles in those stories over the years. I’ve even heard a rumor that one of my litter mates has a cameo role in the new book that is being published this year. (You can bet The Watching, a Corgi Christmas Tale is going to be on my Christmas list.)


My parents are Kallista Forever After “Simon” and Pemintenn Kallista Diablotin “Jasmine.” Simon is tall, red and handsome and Jasmine is a tricolor and she is a real beauty. 

(Hi Mom and Dad! I keep meaning to write or call, but I have been really busy lately. I have a woodworking project that has been driving me crazy.)


There were 6 puppies born in my litter, four of them tricolors like my mom. 



My sister Arianna is a red & white like my dad. I know that many dogs love the look of a fawn coat, the blondes of the corgi world, but with her pretty kohl eye lines, you can tell that Arianna is going to be a real hound killer when she grows up.



Occasionally, a corgi is born with an extra special fluffy coat. 



I think the most famous fawn corgi ever was Farrah Fawcett, and she was a fluffy.


While I’m on the topic of color, a sable coat is very chic on a corgi. 



If I lived in a big city and hung out with the opera crowd, I think I would want a sable coat. However, I live in a small town and the closest we get to opera is when Redeye plays at The Local Pub, so sable wouldn’t really work for me. You are probably asking yourself “What type of coat does The Literate Corgi wear?” Whenever I go anyplace, I cover myself in excitement!



1 comment:

Karen said...

These cookies are just too wonderful for words!